Well that is a about to change. Today I promise... ah bullocks. I'll try to do a better job of keeping things up to date. I'm finally reading somewhat regularly again so perhaps I'll have more fuel for the blog fodder.
This week is Thanksgiving - one of my favorite holidays. It's a little sad to be away from family, but I'll be spending the holiday at one of my student's homes with his family. I'm just thankful for having somewhere to go (and free food :)
Speaking of thankful - what are you all thankful for this Thanksgiving? I was thinking recently that when it comes to being thankful to God, the best thing we can do is to show our thankfulness with how we live out our lives. We can say we are thankful, or we can show it.
Here's a list of things I'm currently thankful for:
- God's provision for my food, health, and finances
- Great friends that check in on me from across the country
- Talents and abilities God has given me (some musical talent, aptitude with computers, intelligence [debatable])
- All the cool little electronic devices that keep me entertained/distracted
- A loving family
- A car that runs
- Crazy fall weather that confuses me and getting caught in 70 degree weather playing football in pants and long sleeves
- God's patience - that he's not as legalistic as I can be
- An awesome group of teens to minister to
- Great mentors who are willing to bop me over the head when I need it