Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Making an Impact

Student ministry has it's ups and downs. Lately it's been very busy for me and the teens at Brewster Road. We have all kinds of meetings, get-togethers, and programs. Yet through all the busyness, it's hard to tell whether or not I'm making any difference.

Here is some great advise for those of you who are considering full-time ministry- don't evaluate your ministry when you are tired or burnt out. All you see are the negatives.

I can see where God is using me and He is having an impact on the teens that attend Invert. My question to all of you is this... What is the one thing that has made the single most impact in your life while you were apart of a student ministry (youth group)?

3 comments:

  1. You remember the small group Bible study TFA, that Matt Powers led? That was huge in all of the lives that were apart of that, at least mine for sure. That was just a bunch of guy getting together to read and talk about a book as well as going on crazy adventures... I think the combination is irresistible to guys.

    That and MENTORING were life changing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the thing that impacted me the most was the love that the youth pastor showed to me, as well as my friends. Love, more than the speaking, made all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely the relationships with adults. Young adults, but adults nonetheless. Everyone needs that older, wiser influence.

    ReplyDelete