Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Do you Thrive?


This week, our student ministry starts a new talk series called Thrive. The whole crux of the series is the idea that we were created not to just survive, but to thrive in every aspect of our lives. Sure, human beings need only food, water, and shelter to survive but we crave for so much more. God created us to thrive: "God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it." -Genesis 1:28

Do you ever get the sense you are just living your life day to day with little purpose or motivation? I admit sometimes I get stuck in survival mode. I eat, sleep, veg out. Living this way is incredibly unsatisfying. It's because we were created to thrive.

In order to thrive we need to understand our identity (who we are and how God views us) and match our identity with our destiny. (future life and decisions)

Are you thriving? We are body, mind, soul, and spirit. Where are you thriving and where are you merely surviving?

I know for me, I have a lot of areas I need to work on, like my physical and relational health. I need to challenge my mind and use my God-given talents more.

1 comment:

  1. Dude! That is almost exactly what the speaker of our chapels this week has been talking about. Abiding in Christ, finding your identity in Him, and thriving just adds to what he was saying. Many coolnessess!

    ReplyDelete