Friday, August 08, 2008

Extravagant Worship

I sure hope you had a chance to catch a glimpse of the opening ceremony for the Olympic Games in Beijing.  Never have I ever seen artistic expression on a scale so massive as I have seen during the ceremony.  It got me thinking...

Will our worship of God be as extravagant as this opening ceremony?  It was apparent that hundreds of thousands of hours of time and millions of dollars were put in the preparation for this opening ceremony.  I wonder, if a ceremony on a world scale is worth that effort, what does our God deserve? 

I sure hope that though this ceremony, we merely caught a glimpse of what it will be like as the host of heaven and the saints of all time unite in extravagent worship to our Creator, sustainer, and eternal Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment