Friday, December 15, 2006

Long time, no blog

From my lack of posting, it might seem like events in my life have ceased. This can't be further from the truth. I've been real busy with ministry related activities as well as the "holiday rush."

It's been a wii bit difficult for me over the past month or so, but I'm getting through all of the real fun wrestling and struggling. The great thing/difficult thing about ministry is that you are contently in need of growth, motivation, inspiration, and reflection. November on into December has been that kind of time for me. I think I'm finally ready to move forward in life and in ministry.

As I look forward to a new year, I'm already planning some great changes for our student ministry and I look forward to what God is going to do in our midst in the months to come. Continue to pray for guidance since I'm still trying to flesh out some of my ideas. Above all, pray for a continued work in the lives of the teens I work with.

I'm going home to Ohio for the week before Christmas and I'm taking a lovely lady with me (Rachel). We're really looking forward to spending some extended time together as well as getting to spend a week with my family. I'm hoping for a white Christmas although at the moment it doesn't look like it will happen. If there is enough snow, Rachel and I might go skiing (her first time).

Christmas eve, Rachel and I will travel 12 hours back to Alabama to be with her family on Christmas Day. Crazy huh?

Well that's it for now. I'll try to post more as I travel (I'm taking my lappy).

1 comment:

  1. Nintendo Wii!! =D Best gaming system out at the moment, in my opinion =) As a matter of fact, I plan on running some tests on the controller (which works off of infrared triangulation) at NASA, as well as hopefully flying one on our next weather balloon. =P *nerdy* hehe
    Yeea, unfortunately... it's been in the 50's here recently, so I don't think you'll get a white Christmas =( it kinda makes me depressed to look outside and see green (altho I'm not arguing with the nice warm temps! hehe)
    Looking forward to your visit!!

    ~Courtney~ :)

    ReplyDelete