Monday, March 13, 2006

Erik is a cowboy?

I got a chance this weekend to attend a rodeo in Montgomery, AL. I have never before attended a rodeo, so I didn't really know what to expect.

Rachel and I wound up getting good seats and the music wasn't all country (there was even some electronica and lasers). All in all - very entertaining and I even understood 50% of what the announcer was saying (with the help of Rachel).

For those of you who have never been to a rodeo (especially those of you up north), just picture the kind of crowd you would get at a state fair. Take out the demolition derby and add some bull-riders. There you go.

It's been a busy week and even busier weekend, but I managed to survive. At the end of the month I get to see family and friends back in Ohio for my friend Jason's wedding. On top of that, I get to preach at my home church (Chapel Hill). Hopefully I'll have something to say when I go, I'll be preaching on loneliness. I certainly have my way with happy topics!

1 comment:

  1. I went to a rodeo in Texas when I was 4 years old -- still remember it too! I got a lasso (i think thats how you spell it..) =D I've also ridden a bull (a tame one though) =) haha great fun!

    ReplyDelete