Monday, March 16, 2009

New NBC TV series - "Kings"


Ah, thank you NBC for giving me something to blog about! From the NBC website:
From executive producer Michael Green (NBC’s "Heroes") comes a riveting new drama about a modern day monarchy. "Kings" is a contemporary re-telling of the timeless tale of David and Goliath. This series is an epic story of greed and power, war and romance, forbidden loves and secret alliances -- and a young hero who rises to power in a modern-day kingdom.
It's a great concept for a show really. The Bible is full of fantastic stories with complex characters and as I would tell my youth group teenagers, if they made a movie about the Bible it would have to be rated "R" or "NC-17." But like any book Hollywood touches, there will be a collision of the original story and "artistic license." Will Kings stay true to the meaning of the origninal stories, or will NBC use people's limited knowledge of the Bible and large Christian American population to take this concept all the way to the bank?

As I watch these episodes, I'll post my thoughts here and try to compare/contrast the advancing story with the biblical accounts. As for the quality of the TV program, I'll leave that to much more articulate critics.

I'll try and post my thoughts about the premiere tomorrow. You can watch Kings on NBC's website or my favorite, on Hulu.

2 comments:

  1. very good article. I would like to receive much more information about this topic

    ReplyDelete