I think that my thoughts of 2008 reflect a lot of what I have been hearing from friends - it's been a tough year. Here are some things I'm looking forward to this year...
- New possibilities - you never know what great opportunities could be up ahead
- New friends - living in another state away from most of your friends is tough going, I'm looking forward to meeting new kindred spirits this year
- New president - I'm no Bush hater, but I do look forward to seeing the change that Obama brings to our country and to it's image/influence around the world (hopefully good change)
- New Technology - I'm stoked to see what new technology emerges this year, I'll probably be getting a new cell phone and with it either an iPhone or an Android phone.
- New revelations in my walk with God - I'm always learning new things about who God is, I would love for God to blow my mind this year
- I'm getting my new stereo installed in my car today - goodbye CD's hello iPod
- I just got a bunch of new music I'm enjoying such as Coldplay, Deathcab for a Cutie, Wild Sweet Orange, and Trace Bundy to name a few
- I'm speaking at our district winter retreat at the end of the month
- I'm continuing my trip to the geek-side and installing a full Linux installation on my 2 gig flash pen-drive ($5 at Walmart!)